Recently I was thinking about all the positive things that systems do for me in my life and business, and I started a bit of a running mental list. After a while, I had so many things that I decided to organize and share them here to inspire you to create some systems & see the immediate benefits.
- Fewer calendar headaches – no more appointments scheduled at 10pm, missing call in details or forgetting appointments entirely!
- More consistent content – the only way I can produce consistent content is with our systems in place to get it done
- Less time managing – with the systems in place, our team can work independently (aka leave me alone more!)
- Vacations that are actually restful – “emergencies” no longer encroach on my days off, a huge benefit!
- Fewer expenses – we don’t buy duplicates or keep software that isn’t valuable to the business
- Better response time – instead of letting people wait for an answer, canned responses and templates mean faster replies, even if the answer is no.
- More FUN! Hat tip to my friend Gwen on this one but with fewer boring tasks in business, I have more time for fun
- Email that doesn’t give me hives – managed inboxes with proper folders means I don’t want to cry when I open up my email, even after time away
- Easier travel – with guidelines in place I have my preferences set and enjoy traveling a lot more these days
- I know what to do – no more days of floating through the week wondering what I should be working on, my schedule now reflects my goals and responsibilities so I can get shit done!
- Building reliability and trust – systems have made me more efficient so things get done on time and establishes a reputation of reliability
- Better team members – instead of wondering if I was unclear or my team member was simply slacking, our hiring and training systems help me identify those who just won’t cut it faster than ever – a bonus is that we have an amazing team I can trust and rely on!
- More media – often media mentions and articles get shoved to the back of the list, but with our marketing systems in place I make time to do media outreach and writing regularly
- Staying active on social media – between batching and software to automate the process, I can be a lot more active on select social media channels to stay engaged. This doesn’t mean we do ALL the social media platforms but enough to keep in touch with the community
- Increased income – contracts, billing automation, and serving clients long term has all helped increase annual income
- Fewer sleepless nights – we all worry about the business, what needs to happen, and how it’s all going to get done, but with systems in place I know exactly how things will go, allowing me to rest when the day is done
There are honestly so many more ways that systems help me out and I can say, with absolute certainty, that the best thing I’ve done is to create the processes that run this business so smoothly. It’s never perfect, because we’re just human, but the benefits have been incredible.