It might feel like an odd question to a community of entrepreneurs and business owners but I’m really curious: Do you love your business?
I was thinking back to the days sitting in an office downtown, hating my life. It was a crappy little office and the company I worked for paid little more than minimum wage and were obsessed with saving money. At one point they asked us to recycle our soda cans so we could use the money in our office budget. Later, they canceled the cleaning service and bought us a vacuum.
I hated it and I assumed that owning my own business would be 100% better.
Back then I was stuck inside for 8 or 9 hours a day and it felt like I was suffocating daily and while I was great at my job it wasn’t fun or inspiring or enjoyable.
At 25 years old I was torn between “be grateful you have a job” and wanting so much more.
And then… *drumroll please* …. I started my business and everything was perfect forever and ever, amen!
While I absolutely love my business and work and I’ve never looked back to my corporate, desk-job, 9-to-5 ways, it has not been an easy ride.
Running a business isn’t for the faint of heart and just because I love it more than my old work doesn’t mean it’s always easy.
- You might struggle to find the right clients or clients who are willing to pay your fees.
- Marketing can often feel like shouting into the void and a waste of time.
- Each week it seems like you need a new type of software and it’s not cheap.
- You may have great team members – who sometimes quit in the middle of a project.
- Working alone you may struggle with staying motivated and following some sort of schedule. It can be incredibly lonely.
- At the end of the day, even when the clients are happy and bills are paid, there’s still a lot of work to do.
If you can relate to any of these realities then I want you to know that it’s completely normal and not a fatal condition. Things can get better so you actually love working in your business every single day.
Next week I’m teaching a brand new webinar and I want you to be there.
Especially if you’ve been feeling worn down and need to fall back in love with your work.
Especially if you want to learn how to handle the hard stuff without losing your mojo.
And absolutely join me if you want to discover how you can love your business every. single. day. (even when it bites) no matter what happens.
During the webinar you’ll learn:
- How to love your business, even when it’s difficult,
- Transforming your business relationship into one of ease and flow,
- Identifying what’s not working & how to fix it,
- Proven mindset shifts that Olympians use to win more medals, and,
- Understanding the next steps to make your business lovable again.
I cannot wait to share this with you but you really do need to be there live. Register to join me and put it on your calendar so you can transform your business into one that you love a little more every day.